Joseph S Wisniewski
Forum ProPosts: 33,939Gear list
Like?
Curious, which 18-55?
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, Jan 22, 2013

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

Thanks for that reply.

You're welcome.

I looked up Life Pixels website and it said the same thing. The lens is the 18-55mm on a Fuji XE1 and a Sony RX100.

Which 18-55? I use an old 18-55 AF-S because it's the least hot-spot prone "normal zoom" zoom I own. Then again, it's a DX lens, not much help on the D800.

On the D800E I have several lenses so I will experiment.

That's always fun.

Oh, and I made a minor error in my earlier reply. Avoid both the B+W 091 and the 092. The 091, as Ropa pointed out, is a Wratten 29 equivalent, totally useless on digital unless you've had the camera's IR cut filter removed, or you specifically want a strong 670nm centered deep red shot. The B+W 092 is not, as people often assume, a Wratten 89b equivalent, like the Hoya R72. It cuts off at a slightly shorter wavelength, letting enough deep red in to totally screw your picture.

-- hide signature --

Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008. Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed. Ciao! Joseph www.swissarmyfork.com

Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list:Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D100 +42 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow