Problem with the lens 9-18 Oly

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
astone
Regular MemberPosts: 391Gear list
Like?
Re: ...or the 45/1.8
In reply to secretworld, Jan 22, 2013

secretworld wrote:

I have not seen any flare issues on my GH2 with the 7-14. I shoot lots of in frame sun, and halogen lights in darker settings. These are just 2 random ones from 100´s without issues.

My thought is that you are not going to see any of the purple spots if the angle of the light from sun does not exceed a particular value. Some parts of the lens (internal optical elements) work as a prism dispersing white light. If the sun is low at horizon – no observable light dispersion.  During the lens design it is not easy to see and create a situation when the lens works as a dispersive element. My intend to place these shots was to demonstrate that Pana 7-14 effect is no different than Oly 9-18 but is much easier to achieve.  During the time when I took these shots if I’ve raised camera higher toward the sun than it would not be any purple fringing.  I’ve done that in the past. Again this is only for reference how not to use this lens and what to expect from it.

Alexander

astone's gear list:astone's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus E-M1 Sony a6000 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow