PhotoNinja and Aperture workflow question

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Questions thread
webfrasse
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,765
Like?
Re: PhotoNinja and Aperture workflow question
In reply to Poadawg, Jan 22, 2013

Poadawg wrote:

I shoot raw (NEF) and use Aperture for my cataloging and edits. I've upgraded recently to a D800 for work and find the raws are very bland in Aperture. I've tested NX2 and PhotoNinja with very impressive result matching the raw file to the thumbnail jpg in the camera display. In Aperture it take one hell of a lot of sliders to get there. (I'm referring to those noisy images that aren't perfectly exposed). So here's the question finally:

How can I get these raw files over to Aperture AFTER they have been fed through PhotoNinja? I understand that raw means raw but surely there's a way to get the nicely displayed imaged in photoninja to show up in my aperture catalogue where I can tweak/sort/upload/print/etc.

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

Pete

Your RAW files are not images, they are just dumps of data from the sensor. PN, just like Aperture, shouldn't edit the RAW file. What you see in PN is the adjusted output in it's probably in jpg or tiff format (both image formats). The RAW will always be the same. So what you have to do is to import the PN output images into Aperture and stack them with the original (the raw).

I do that but my external processor is DxO, the process/workflow is the same though.

-- hide signature --

Mikael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow