Waiting for my Panasonic Dream camera

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
SlamdunK
Regular MemberPosts: 241Gear list
Like?
Re: The art of listening...
In reply to BigBarney, Jan 22, 2013

BigBarney wrote:

Panasonic comitted branding idiocy when they named an out and out point and shoot replacement as the GF2. It was logical (but wrong) to think that it was an update to the GF1, when in reality it was an entry level camera to the system. The true replacement for the GF1 is the GX1. When it comes to the GX2, I expect that Panasonic will do the following things:

• consult with a larger numberof GX1 users internationally as to which features they want to see in the camera. There has been sufficient noise here and elsewhere to make them ask potential customers about the desirability of an internal EVF.
  • make the design choice of internal versus add-on EVF based on the outcome of that market research.

Panasonic seemed to try out different paths,I think the GF market segment change created a little mistrust of many enthusiasts.

Sony and Fuji seem to see the need for an Integrated viewfinder in a GF format camera, I find it a little strange that Panasonic or Olympus havent come up With a direct competitor to their cameras.

The crazy thing is that the LVF2 viewfinder is not far from costing the same as the Whole G3 camera.

-- hide signature --

I.B.
GF2, 45mm, 25mm, 20mm, 14mm, 8mm, LVF1
http://pitofknowledge.blogspot.com

SlamdunK's gear list:SlamdunK's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow