I almost bought the wrong 6D today...didn't know there were differences

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
rrccad
Senior MemberPosts: 2,967Gear list
Like?
Re: I almost bought the wrong 6D today...didn't know there were differences
In reply to Sunpilot, Jan 22, 2013

Sunpilot wrote:

I'm just putting this out there in case anyone is looking around for a 6D sale. I found a great price and called the seller in New Jersey, but after much discussion with him I found out the 6D he was selling did not come with wi-fi or GPS. Also it had a limited warranty that was not from Canon, which I expected. After reading many ads for the 6D on various seller websites I found that Canon does offer the camera without wi-f-i and GPS...they are for overseas markets, but find their way here through import resellers. So, if you are in the market, please beware of what you are buying. I believe the model labeled 6D (WG) body has the wi-fi and GPS. Hope this helps someone avoid buying the wrong product.
You're never lost, because no matter where you go...there you are

the non wifi / gps model is only available in markets where canon cannot sell/distribute gps/wifi tech for a variety of reasons .. is this a reputable seller? what's their name?  this sounds like more the bait and switch and upselling scam that some of the disreputable sellers do.

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow