Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,242
Like?
Feedback
In reply to PhotoKhan, Jan 22, 2013

PhotoKhan wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

PhotoKhan wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Some of the complainers though do seem to exhibit a a certain sense of entitlement by virtue class.

Please state which particular replies on this thread exhibit that trait.

Why? It's not hard to pick out the few posts that some might consider as exhibiting that tone. Pointing them out specifically serves no positive purpose.

Because...

Being (as it is) the case that there are several posts in this thread of users stating that they have trouble finding information about the 1D cameras or even stopped contributing altogether because of the problem at end, your overplay of the few (none?) that might "exhibit that tone" reads more like a covert opinion of your own then a verifiable, statistical significant fact.

I think that opinion has been well considered.

You and schmegg are moderators.

Although is not reasonable to ask of you to stay out of discussions only because of your recent functions, it is reasonable to ask for the superior good/common sense the job should entitle.

We are indeed making that effort. Always good to remind us and it's always appreciated.

...and this means that, when a request is so broadly undertaken by the community it should not be your function to combat it because you, personally, don't agree with it but rather take it up to administration as a statistically significant request.

We are members as well. What you suggest we bring up is not what we have been asked to do and we have guidelines as well. All are being followed closely. There is a "Feedback" button at the bottom of the page. It's the members responsibility to use it well. It's not the Community Moderators job to act as the "feedback" button. You may wish we would, but the staff may think otherwise. In fact, if you really want a separate forum....using us as the "feedback" button will be counterproductive under the current system.

Advocating on the "opposite" side of a broaden request up to point of not even recognizing shortcomings on your own reasoning, as schemgg has done by not replying to this entry of mine that called his attention to how flawed was his logic is not something that should be expected from moderators.

I understand you concerns. I just don't share many of them. Some I do.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
whyNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow