Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,028
Like?
understand
In reply to plevyadophy, Jan 22, 2013

plevyadophy wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

plevyadophy wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

plevyadophy wrote:

Eh?

Unless i am going blind, the text Schmegg wrote read as follows: "unless, of course, you feel that 1D shooters deserve better treatment than other forum users?"

So now explain to me where I misread something?!!

because he asked if the specific poster felt a certain way....he never said he (Schmegg) felt that way about all 1D shooters, as you suggest. That's what leads me to believe you misread.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

but to my mind, giving the totality of his posts thus far, the clear implication is that those wanting a separate 1D forum (like perhaps the person to whom he was responding) are seeking better treatment.

"seeking better treatment"? That would imply they are being treated poorly..but to my mind, they may not be. It's subjective. You just pointed that out and I agree.

And I find it laughable that anyone reading this entire thread and his posts would see it any differently (unless of course they are in need of remedial classes in English comprehension). So let me ask you this: if I think like the person to whom he is responding, how could it be that the person to whom he responds is seeking better treatment for 1D series users but I (or anyone else who thinks likewise) am not? The mind boggles.

I can see that your mind is indeed becoming confused. When he said "I did not say that all 1D users are elitist - nor do I think that". I took that at face value. I can see why it might have confused you as well. The internet can be a curse to communication

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Well, in my view, taking his posts in their totality, he seems to be in the camp that thinks many of us asking for a 1D series forum are in a social group called Elitest-and/or-Seeking Better or Preferential Treatment.

From your posts, I understand why you would think that. It also why I think you misread his intent.

And what I would like to see from him, or anyone else who thinks it's elitist or whatever for folks to ask for a 1D forum, is to address directly my earlier point (which I have raised umpteen times), namely why is it not elitist for there to be separate Nikon DX SLR and Nikon Pro DX SLR forums and in Sony land for there to be separate NEX and Sony Alpha forums when the NEX cams are interchangeable lens cams with an APS-C sized sensor just like many of the Alpha cams?

That's already been addressed here. It's still being addressed.

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
whyNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow