Calibrating lens to camera .. have you done it and does it really work ?

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Questions thread
HEWCanon
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
Re: Calibrating lens to camera .. have you done it and does it really work ?
In reply to Victor Engel, Jan 22, 2013

My understanding is that the target should not overlap focusing points .. although we are supposed to be using only one of course so only one is active ..

Maybe they should produce smaller targets to avoid these extreme distances .. i.e. if it becomes half the size then maybe a 10x factor would make life easier .. or perhaps even smaller ..

If I am right in my assumptions about the cross points and their size compared to the target, if this is what you meant, then in this case it may also mean that you may need several targets of different sizes to test different focusing distances ? Just kidding of course ..

From what I learnt in this forum I think I would just do a very basic test to make sure that both camera and lens are within acceptable range and if way out just send for calibration !!

HEWCanon's gear list:HEWCanon's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow