New Zealand is currently the most 'free' country on earth.

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Henry Schobin
Forum ProPosts: 11,675Gear list
Like?
Re: New Zealand is currently the most 'free' country on earth.
In reply to Shunda77, Jan 22, 2013

Shunda77 wrote:

This study makes quite interesting reading, not the least because my country won!

Announcer: Congratulations Shunda77!!  Your country just won the most 'free' country on earth award, what are you going to do now?

Shunda77: I'm going to Disney World!!

It seems that the concept of freedom is actually fairly poorly understood by many people,

For those with poor understanding........

[free-duh m] Show IPA free·dom

noun

He won his freedom after a retrial. rather than in confinement or under physical restraint: liberty or at free the state of being 1.
, interference, regulation, etc.control exemption from external 2.
the power to determine action without restraint.3.
political or national independence.4.
a slave who bought his freedom. personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery: 5.

it is also interesting that countries traditionally seen as an example of holding 'freedom' ideals are actually steadily sliding down the list.

Here's the link:

http://www.fraserinstitute.org/uploadedFiles/fraser-ca/Content/research-news/research/publications/ch3-an-index-of-freedom-in-the-world.pdf

http://www.fraserinstitute.org/uploadedFiles/fraser-ca/Content/research-news/research/publications/ch3-an-index-of-freedom-in-the-world.pdf

Having great wealth is not necessarily an indicator of real freedom, I'm broke and I feel free as a bird!

1 New Zealand
2 Netherlands
3 Hong Kong
4 Australia
5 Canada
6 Ireland
7 United States of America
8 Denmark
9 Japan
10 Estonia

-- hide signature --

Rethink your last comment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow