Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
plevyadophy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
Do us a favour Re: A curious evolution I'm noticing...
In reply to Brett Beiner, Jan 22, 2013

Brett Beiner wrote:

schmegg wrote:

PhotoKhan wrote:

...is that while this was a topic that would generate immediate "you're an elitist" backlash when it was brought up years ago, when only the 5D was put together with the 1D cameras, it now resonates as positive, reasonable request for a signification amount of users.

I guess multiplication of a problem tends to make it more clearly perceivable.

Oh - I wouldn't be so certain about that at all. I suspect there are many that are simply holding their tongues.

What I find funny is that these threads pop-up every time there is a new camera that is released and it's not a 1D. LOL!

The forum gets busy for six months with talk about the new body, and all the 1D shooters get shirty that they need to "wade through posts" to read one of the dozen or so 1D threads that have been posted lately.

Then, when things get back to normal, everything is OK again! Hehe!

Wrong. Many 1D users simply left. I was one of them. I last took a look as the 1DX was coming out in an effort to research a few issues I had heard about on other forums...the forums that I began spending my time on instead of DPR.

This forum became loaded with newbies asking unbelievably basic questions. The 1D forum was a place people with advanced knowledge would visit to learn and find answers to questions from peers...in addition to answering questions for others.

Like I said in a reply above, the 5D has become a camera of choice for many professionals and perhaps it now belongs in the same forum with the 1D. However, the 6D absolutely does not.

Could you please do some of us a favour; let us know what other 1D forums you have been residing at so that folks can go check them out.

Regards,

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
whyNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow