Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
plevyadophy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
Re: i'm afraid you didn't understand the request.
In reply to schmegg, Jan 22, 2013

schmegg wrote:

Richard wrote:

Here it is, in black and white, straight up and right off the cuff, yes, I strongly consider the Administrators of the site not only ignorant but also short sighted and lazy for including the 6D in this forum.

Richard

Hehe - don't hold back Richard - tell us what you reallythink!

Of course, they are my bosses, so I'd be a bit less harsh.

Seems to me that there is some overlap between people deciding between 6D and 5D bodies, just as there is between 5D and 1D. So having them all together makes some sense - at least to some.

But, of course, I respect your opinion too. It's just as valid as anyone else's, including mine.

There are a bunch of 1D shooters here, such as yourself, who really are an asset to the forum, and do help out others shooting with 'lesser' bodies (though the term is poor, in some aspects they are 'better' bodies).

And it a shame that your attitude about helping others perhaps isn't as widespread amongst some other 1D users, as this is precisely what these forums are all about! I think it's a pity that some would consider it 'a hassle' to have people with less knowledge than themselves, or using bodies that they consider 'not worthy' to be bothered with, posting to the same forum.

I have no problem finding 1D posts in the forum. Nor do I have problems finding 5D or 6D posts. Most threads mention the relevant body in the title, and those that don't take about five seconds to eliminate. It's really not that big a deal. And you can tell me it is till your blue in the face, but I already know it's not as I use these forums too.

A quick look at this forum as I type this shows 60 threads on the first page. Of these, 48 mention the relevant camera type in the title - no need to even open the thread! Of the rest, most are generic and not body specific threads.

What is hard to do is to find posts relevant to a particular issue as the search function is not great. But that's the same for everyone on these forums. So we all just have to cope with that - unless, of course, you feel that 1D shooters deserve better treatment than other forum users? And, if you do, perhaps you could explain why.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
whyNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow