How can any wedding photographer get the shots with the 800?

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
joneil
Regular MemberPosts: 157
Like?
Re: How can any wedding photographer get the shots with the 800?
In reply to Craig, Jan 22, 2013

The more you go up in resolution, the more critical focusing becomes.   In any format.    I don't mean to be rude, but he real and/or alleged focusing issues with the D800 is something us "old guys" learned years ago with film.

When i first jumped form 35mm to 120, i found I had to slow down and focus better.  When I bought my first 4x5 (still sue it too), I really had to slow down and learn to fine focus.  with my 8x10, man, it like you take forever to focus and make sure every corner is sharp and the way you like it.

With the D800, everyone, IMO,  is just learning that lesson over again.   there is a reason why the D4 is "only" 16mp and not 32 mp - you need the speed in many situations.

Someday i might upgrade from my D700 to a D800, but I think, if it helps, people should think of the D800 as the "large format" of the digital SLRs.  Back in the days of film, shooting a sports event, I never pulled out my 4x5 or even my 120, I used my 35mm.

The real issue, IMO, there no real replacement for the D700 at this moment.  I've said this before - the D4 is too exepnsive for me, the D600 is a serious amature camera and the D800 is a serious camera for artistic work.    What would be nice is an updated D700.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow