Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marchmont
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
LA-EA2 and best lenses question
Jan 22, 2013

I just bought the LA-EA2 for my Nex 5n because I couldn't stand missing any more pictures of my very fast moving dog and I had read that the adapter significantly improves the AF performance of the Nex - does anyone have any first-hand experience with this?

I bought a Sigma 18-250mm lens to go with it because I read that it has very fast AF and I wanted a good "walk-around" lens so I don't have to swap when on vacation.  I bought the non-macro (older) version of this lens - anyone have any first-hand experience with it?  I know that these lenses don't perform perfectly at the extremes, but it seemed like a good choice.

I also bought the Sigma 19mm prime lens after reading people raving about it as an inexpensive option for everyday use.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated - I am not a professional photographer and take mostly pictures of landscapes and my dogs.  Lens shopping is very difficult for the uninitiated.

Marchmont's gear list:Marchmont's gear list
NEX5R Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow