NEC monitors

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,230
Like?
Re: NEC monitors
In reply to bronxbombers4, Jan 22, 2013

bronxbombers4 wrote:

If you use an i1 Display Pro make sure to let it warm up for 20 minutes. Open the probe window with SV II and put it to continuous read and just let it read non-stop like that for 20 minutes, also make sure ot have had the monitor contrinuously on for a good 30 minutes.

You may want to turn off metamerism correction if it got toggled on by accident (multiprofiler has the control).

For photo editing you want native gamut as the SV II basis. For TV/DVD you want the Broadcast basis (sRGB gamut plus gamma 2.2). For web-viewing and sRGB images to look perfect in non-color managed software the sRGB basis worsks (sRGB gamut plus sRGB TRC, note that sRGB images DO NOT use gamma 2.2 and if you have the monitor set to gamma 2.2 then images will look different in manged vs non-managed software such as using IE vs Firefox).

The 14bit internal LUT in the PA series is great.

My monitor is looking excellent right now. When I get home from work tonight I'll give this a good read. I never thought of warming up the sensor.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow