365 + 1 Days of NEX-7 - PART IV

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
DuncanDovovan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,277
Like?
Re: 365 + 1 Days of NEX-7 - PART IV
In reply to salchi58, Jan 22, 2013

salchi58 wrote:
Duncan, trust me, you make it more difficult than what it is. There is basically no brushing in the three images you selected, the lights are "good" at the time of the shooting. I measure to get the right skin tone, this means that for the scene to be dark the subject has to be directly lit by the main light.

If you set the NEX-7 on vivid, +2 contrast and +2 sharpness you already get something very close to what I do afterwards in post production. I shoot raw because, sometimes, I need to brush a bit of extra light on some elements of the scene, and the raw file allows for a lot of dynamic range, while the jpeg doesn't. For example, in the first shot there's a bit of extra light on the hand with the cigarette, in the second shot I added some light on the ceiling, and in the third shot there's no brushing at all.

I hope this helps

Then my attempts must fail right at the beginning: The lighting itself! =;-)

I somehow always end up with more details in the shadows than your shots.

I'll experiment some more with really dark situations and 1 light source with the subject close to it.

Thx for explaining!

-- hide signature --

I'm a peaceful person looking for clarity and harmony and willing to help. If you believe my post had the intention to harm you in some way, you are probably wrong. =;-) Please verify first before assuming something bad happened to you. I can be a bit too brief at times. =;-)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow