16/50 lens correction issue - RAW workload vs JPG

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Regular MemberPosts: 162Gear list
16/50 lens correction issue - RAW workload vs JPG
Jan 22, 2013

Please bear with me as I have little experience of non-p&s photography.

I am thinking of getting the NEX6 with the kit lens as my first camera, but would like to know a bit what I am in for. I have read about the lens' issues and it seems if I shoot JPG the camera do the corrections for my but if I shoot RAW there is a NEX6 profile in LR 4.3 that can be applied to do the same corrections.

I would prefer shooting in RAW (I like the idea of keeping the most possible detail) and then outputting in LS, but I have not done this before so I would like to get an idea of the workload involved.

I understand that in order to correct my deficiencies as a photographer the work in LR can become tedious but that I am prepared for in order to learn.

But as for correcting the deficiencies of the lens, is that something like a "click to apply" solution or will each RAW image require manual choices and things to be done to it in order not to be distorted or vignetted?

guermantes's gear list:guermantes's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS LE Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +2 more
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow