ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
guermantes
Regular MemberPosts: 130Gear list
Like?
16/50 lens correction issue - RAW workload vs JPG
Jan 22, 2013

Hi,

Please bear with me as I have little experience of non-p&s photography.

I am thinking of getting the NEX6 with the kit lens as my first camera, but would like to know a bit what I am in for. I have read about the lens' issues and it seems if I shoot JPG the camera do the corrections for my but if I shoot RAW there is a NEX6 profile in LR 4.3 that can be applied to do the same corrections.

I would prefer shooting in RAW (I like the idea of keeping the most possible detail) and then outputting in LS, but I have not done this before so I would like to get an idea of the workload involved.

I understand that in order to correct my deficiencies as a photographer the work in LR can become tedious but that I am prepared for in order to learn.

But as for correcting the deficiencies of the lens, is that something like a "click to apply" solution or will each RAW image require manual choices and things to be done to it in order not to be distorted or vignetted?

Thanks!

guermantes's gear list:guermantes's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS LE Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow