Anyone understands the point of Nikon's Auto ISO logic on D600?

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OutOfFocus student
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
Anyone understands the point of Nikon's Auto ISO logic on D600?
Jan 22, 2013

I realized that when using Auto ISO the in A mode the current ISO setting is used as a minimum value.

This means that to turn on a fully functional Auto ISO I need to first dial ISO to 100 and then switch to Auto ISO. This is so far the most complicated way to I've seen to turn on Auto ISO (from more than a dozen different cameras). Am I missing something obvious here?

Both luckily and schizophrenically in M mode Auto ISO behaves as it should with ISO going down as needed irrespective of the setting that was there before it was switched on.

On that topic I can't understand why something as useful as minimum shutter control for Auto ISO is buried down 3 levels of menus with no way to make it easily accessible (on a camera with 500 or so buttons and switches).

OutOfFocus student's gear list:OutOfFocus student's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon D600 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +5 more
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow