A new lens for me. Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS..

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,571Gear list
Like?
Re: A new lens for me. Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS..
In reply to dotweb, Jan 22, 2013

dotweb wrote:

. . . It is not always about bokeh . . .

yes - if it's not about bokeh then it's about sharpness - having a good composition anyway

and I can see that all the PRO on your picture has at least one zoom hanging down . . .

I own one zoom too - the question is - does it necessarily have to be f/2.8 when you can have brighter and faster primes on two bodies?

Since I own the 135 f/2.0 and the 300 f/2.8 and the cheap STM 40 I did maybe 5 % of the images with my 70-200 whereas I did maybe 50-60% of my images with the 70-200 before.

I can see the day when the zooms stays even in vacation situations at home - it has just no advantage over my primes and it is slower focussing in critical situations on my 5D II - please take into account that most of the AF processing is done in the lens and not in the camera and the IS in the 300 f/2.8 II is just amazing - never thought i would care for that owning the 70-200 f/4.0 l IS USM - it is just awesome how perfect primes can be - just my kind of thinking though.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OOFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow