Should Lumix users buy the Olympus 75mm lens?

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 18,758Gear list
Like?
Re: No, I was referring to portraits that I have shot when I first got the lens.
In reply to Corkcampbell, Jan 22, 2013

Corkcampbell wrote:

I know that portraits are better a little soft but I was testing for sharpness. I'm not sure why flash would make a difference (once focus is made) - it's still 1/60. The lens might do better - 1/60 just happened to be the shutter speed on the ones I have handy; I've only had the lens a short time and haven't really used it. I will thoroughly test the lens in a few days when I visit Seoul, visit friends there with a new daughter, and go to the DMZ.

OK. I can get pretty passable shots at 1/60 too if I try. The effects of shutter shock that I can see are not very apparent (less so than with the Minolta MD 85/2 that it is meant to replace). It's just that it won't quite deliver the eminent resolution that this lens is capable of.

As to flash shooting, the flash is far faster than 1/60. And if the flash accounts for most/all of the illumination, it's the flash speed rather than the shutter speed that counts when it comes to the impact of camera shake/shutter shock.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow