Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
WCguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 986Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 Love Affair Continues... Despite some nasty comments here
In reply to earful, Jan 22, 2013

earful wrote:

rockinbeat wrote:

I've read some really sad opinions here from people who don't own the RX1 and haven't even shot it. Without any experience to go on, I think those opinions need to be counted for what they are, speculative and uninformed.

I've shot more cameras than my bank account cares to recall; compacts, SLRs, film and digital. I've used budget glass and lenses that cost more than the cameras they're fitted to.

My experience spans about 40 years and in that time I've seen cameras and lenses evolve at an increasingly rapid pace, almost always for the better.

I'm not sure why there's so much negativity surrounding the RX1, but I assume it has something to do with the price. It's a very expensive camera and it certainly has some clear limitations, but in the areas it was designed to work it is truly exceptional and revolutionary. There's simply nothing else like it on the market. There literally is no competition for what it does.

Why do you think there's so much negativity?

And just to show why my opinion on the camera is so high, here's a shot from today:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benlevy/8403792265/in/photostream/lightbox/

Here's what I see when I look at the picture as it relates to the camera:

Sharp focus. (though I freely admit the camera is anything but a fast focuser)

Exceptional rendition of subtle tones.

Accurate colors.

Subtle and pleasing bokeh.

These things make me very happy with the RX1 as a camera and as a purchase.

If anyone would like, you can see the rest of what I've shot with the RX1 at:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=30540563@N06&q=rx1

(all of these are at JPG quality level 5, but I can post higher if anyone wants it)

Thanks for taking the time!

Be well,

Ben

-- hide signature --

View my pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/benlevy

the only truly nasty comments i've noticed have been made by someone who appears to be a self-anointed expert on photography who does not own the camera and never comments in threads where some of the most respected photographers who participate in this forum have posted pics. the only positive comment i've noticed by this person (though i admit i don't read every thread) was with respect to a very nice photo in what i would call the "romantic" style which did not come from the rx1. so all things in perspective.

just keep shooting (and posting) and ignore the ignoble.

ditto

-- hide signature --

It's What You Learn After You Know It All That Counts !

WCguy's gear list:WCguy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 AW1 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow