Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Peter Jonas
Senior MemberPosts: 1,486
Like?
Re: I will return it to Amazon
In reply to losangeles, Jan 22, 2013

losangeles wrote:

michaeladawson wrote:

What brands will you be considering that allow you to transfer the warranty?

I've never had a problem selling Panasonic, Olympus, and Canon cameras for far less generous prices. Here I was offering a 20% discount of an unused product, assuming I'd get hundred of inquiries from interested people within a day.

There are two factors working against you in your expectations of what the selling price of this item at this time can be:

1) Forums like this are full of accounts of D600 users having more than usual dust and oil droplets on their sensors. Users who do have this problem can get thier sensors cleaned by Nikon under warranty. In my view this issue is blown way out of proportion, but it is enough for many potential buyers to be a bit touchy about having warranty.

2) As you well know, there was a two week period just before Xmas where you could buy this kit at highly discounted prices ($2,000 instead of the regular $2,500). In response to this offer, many people bought the kit, including some who were not really ready for it (like you perhaps) and many others who have brought their purchase forward from their origianlly planned timing. As a consequence, the demand for the D600 at this time (which is just after the special offer finished) is not that great.

Still, you can get a full refund from Amazon, so I am not sure what your problem here is. In my view getting a second hand price as much as the price you paid for the kit was an unrealistic expectation, regardless of what the current selling price is.

So if, as many people here have indicated, this Nikon is unsellable due to the warranty being non-transferrable,

It is not unsellable. It is just unsellable at the price you expect to get for it.

I'll stick with Oly, Panny, and Canon.

You will find that they all have exactly the same conditions. I.e.: the warranty is only offered to the original purchaser and it is not transferable. Accordingly, if this is a deal breaker for you, you will need to find other brands. For your information:

Olympus:

Olympus USA Warranty Terms

Panasonic:

Panasonic USA Warranty Terms

Canon:

Canon USA Warranty Terms

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Peter Jonas

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow