Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
losangeles
Contributing MemberPosts: 655Gear list
Like?
Re: I will return it to Amazon
In reply to Peter Jonas, Jan 22, 2013

Peter Jonas wrote:

losangeles wrote:

Thank you all for the advice. Given that it seems impossible to transfer warranties to new owners, I'm extra glad that I decided to not keep the Nikon myself, since I would have never been able to sell it at a future point in time.

Any Nikon camera can be (and many of them are) sold at any time. It's just that once it had one owner, the next one cannot have the manufacturer's warranty. Once this period expires, there is no disadvantage in selling a used product. In this case this period is 12 months.

I see. Hmm, maybe it's just not easy to sell it because of the dust/oil issue. People are probably hoping more than usual to have the warranty, in case Nikon offers a permanent fix.

I'm fine with returning it. That way I do have to pay shipping but will get the full amount including tax back. I also realize that since it's unopened, Amazon is unlikely to give me static for returning it. My original reason for wanting to sell it instead of returning it, apart from wanting to offer somebody the Xmas deal, was to avoid getting in trouble with Amazon (I've heard of people losing their memberships after returning slightly used tech products). But I realize that that worry was likely unfounded.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow