Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,036
Like?
Doesn't help.
In reply to Brett Beiner, Jan 22, 2013

Brett Beiner wrote:

For this moderator to comment that 1D users are "elitist", for wanting a forum that is more in tune with their photographic knowledge and experience, shows the extent of his ignorance and that of DPR regarding the purpose of desiring to have a separate forum.

Actually the comment was "complaining that 1D users have it bad and need something more "exclusive" really does seem a bit 'elitist' to be honest"  He never stated that he thought that group as a whole presented that tone.  Some of the complainers though do seem to exhibit a  a certain sense of entitlement by virtue class. Luckily that seems rare and extremely isolated. Most simply put forth genuine pluses and minuses in a very civil way.

"....epitome of ignorance"

I think your use of that phrase (in the context it was used) goes far in making his point. There are those that help and those that don't. The ideal of a separate forum has been brought up to the staff in a very respectful manner. Often by the same folks you seek to point out as being "on the top of the uninformed ladder". Tossing out phrases meant only to disparage those few volunteers trying to help..does not further your cause. I know it has certainly swayed my opinion should the staff ask. I do see your point...just perhaps not the one you intended to make. Good points just the same. Well worth passing on, and I will when it comes up.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
whyNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow