Future of Four-Thirds

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
ctlow
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
Re: Future of Four-Thirds, tea leaves and lottery numbers
In reply to dave gaines, Jan 22, 2013

dave gaines wrote:

Did you copy something from this article? I only see your personal experiences here.

Sorry, I meant I copied it from my comments on a News article - didn't realize at first that I wasn't in a forum.

Anyway, thank for all of that, and to the many others with excellent observations and analysis. (Historicity Lawrence, for example.) I'm quite surprised at how busy this place is ... having visited dpreview.com for many years but "joining" just yesterday. What a lot of replies in a very short time!

I'm having difficulty finding out what kinds of sensors are in which cameras. I have found that the E-620 has a Panasonic Live MOS sensor. Is that good? What would be better? (Why?) Where would I find that? Apparently, all of the FT E-Series cameras use Panasonic sensors.

Is the small size of the Olympus E-Series sensor really not a limitation, compared with larger sensors with Nikon, Canon, etc.? Isn't there a correlation between sensor-size and low-light performance?

So, I think I'll go ahead with that Panasonic 25mm f1.4 lens if I can find one.

Thanks very much again.

Charles

P.S. Any idea how many E-Series cameras Olympus has made? It's not always even mentioned after  Nikon and Canon, Pentax and several other "newer" camera-manufacturers.

ctlow's gear list:ctlow's gear list
Canon PowerShot A720 IS Olympus E-620 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow