D600 after 35 Shots... Serial 306XXXX

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 20,300Gear list
Like?
Re: Post Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster attempts (one persistent spec)
In reply to chi, Jan 21, 2013

chi wrote:

Ok, just an update, I got my Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster from Amazon. Most of the dust seems to have gone. Some tiny bits possibly introduced, but it's night time here so I can't take a picture of the sky right now.

There's one last spec that remains at top left. I keep blasting away with the Rocket Blaster but it just remains. I suspect I require some wet cleaning. I need to decide in the next 10 days whether I'm going to do a wet clean and void the warranty, or just call it quits and return the item.

Rocket Blasting isn't very fun. You need to blast away at the sensor, take test shots, take the card out of your computer. Blow it up. Repeat this process a bunch of times until you get the dust to a satisfactory level. Huge pain in the posterior. Never had to deal with something this bad and I've been doing dSLRs for about 9 years already.

Why not blow it to 300% on the LCD and move to the upper left and have a look????? No need to take it out of the camera.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow