D800 Orange Burn: Little Help, Please?

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 11,680
Like?
Re: D800 Orange Burn: Little Help, Please?
In reply to pthoutex, Jan 21, 2013

pthoutex wrote:

Scott McGrath wrote:

Mack:

The camera is set to sRGB. Images are taken from the SD card and burned directly to a DVD, which is the source for retouching, as well. Post-processing is in CS5 [Windows 7 64-bit] in sRGB. But because only CS6 can yet process D800 RAW images and because I didn't find ViewNX 2 to be very serviceable, my photog has been shooting 5520x3680 .jpgs.

Does that help or change your thinking?

Because I suspect that the issue originates in the camera, we'll check the saturation and other presets you mentioned.

If you download the latest update for CS5, the ACR 6.7 will definitely process NEF files from D800, I know because I have both before I upgraded to the CS6.

However, ACR 6.7 uses Process 2010. Adobe improved color rendering for the D800 considerably with Process 2012 (which requires ACR 7 and CS6).

Also, it will probably be necessary to own CS6 if you want to upgrade to future versions of Photoshop. Adobe is unlikely to relent this time around.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow