Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michael Levy
Regular MemberPosts: 129
Like?
Re: Need to upgrade to CS6
In reply to sigala1, Jan 21, 2013

sigala1 wrote:

Michael Levy wrote:

Just starting to use a Panasonic G5. Adobe's DNG converter transforms the native RW2 file of 19 Mb into a DNG file of 49 Mb (without the original raw file being embedded). On the other hand, it converts a 21 Mb native SRW raw file from my Samsung EX1 into a 12 Mb DNG. Very strange. Anyone have an explanation? Thanks.

You need to upgrade to a later version of Adobe Camera Raw (such as CS6) to get around this problem, because the G5 is not completely backward compatible via DNG.

Of course, I am sure the reason you are using the DNG converter in the first place is because you don't want to spend the money for the upgrade.

You are correct sigala1, I don't wish to upgrade at this time, so I'm forced to use the DNG converter or Silkypix. As others have surmised, I think the problem is with the lens correction data (in this case coming from the Panasonic 45-150mm lens). Perhaps I'll give Silkypix a try.

Mike

www.mikelevyonline.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow