The Truth about D800 Auto Focus - fair at best

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
AZBlue
Contributing MemberPosts: 863Gear list
Like?
Re: The Truth about D800 Auto Focus - fair at best
In reply to rgolub, Jan 21, 2013

rgolub wrote:

Waiting for the perfect camera has a couple of advantages. It's cheaper. You don't actually have to go out in the field and shoot. While the OPs issue may well be real for him, other photographers have managed to deal with the cameras capabilities and quirks.

It's not the fastest or best focusing camera that Nikon makes. I disagree with the OP in that I think it's on par with the D700 (he thinks it worse). Maybe for weddings it is - fluffy white lace in a poorly lit church is a very different target from some whales breaching. The OP is convinced that the AF system is much worse than on a nominally equivalent Canon body - can't comment on that.

But it's good enough for a lot of things. And it's a great camera with both a lot of strengths and a number of weaknesses. It's your responsibility to understand what you want out of a camera and how to get it.

The vast majority of us would do better photography if we just spent more time with our insufficient cameras instead of waiting for the next best thing.

-- hide signature --

RG www.lostrange.com

Well said! Now can you write something like that about pixel peepers? LOL

-- hide signature --

"I've been in more laps than a napkin" - Mae West

AZBlue's gear list:AZBlue's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
X2New
D600New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow