Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
TOF guy
TOF guy MOD
Forum ProPosts: 10,569Gear list
Like?
Re: Customer friendly terms
In reply to rgolub, Jan 21, 2013

rgolub wrote:

Honestly, do you think you're going to get an unambiguous answer from the Tier 1 person answering the phone?

You're right: probably not. But it's the best which can be done. There may be no solution for the O/P than just sell the camera without warranty

Specifically, if you asked them about the gift scenario.

It's not a gift if it is sold i.e. exchange of money for the  camera. I suppose you mean if they would accept to apply the warranty as they would for a gift even if they know it was not a gift.

Now, it's clear looking through various posts on various forums that Nikon has done warranty work under such conditions as long as they have some sort of original purchase document.

I'm not sure it's that clear. IMO this is not something the O/P can promise to his buyer: that the warranty will be honored.

But getting Nikon to be clear and unambiguous about this has been an issue for well over a decade.

Certainly if they honor the warranty in practice then why not make if official.

It's just one of those really annoying things about the company. For very little time and money, they could improve customer service dramatically: Clear policy statements, cut the crap about impact damage, clean up their gray market policies (even if they don't do warranty work, but will fix imported stuff for their typical outlandish prices), better Tier 1 and Tier 2 support and getting out of the software business entirely.

And be more proactive in aknowledging QC issues. Ultimately they'll get more sales and more money by showing that they do care about their customers.

Oh, and bring out that D400 while I'm having a rant about it all.

It wouldn't be a moment too early.

-- hide signature --

Thierry - posted as regular forum member

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow