Question about Nikon warranty transfer between owners

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
rgolub
Senior MemberPosts: 2,054Gear list
Like?
Re: Customer friendly terms
In reply to TOF guy, Jan 21, 2013

TOF guy wrote:

My suggestion then would be for the O/P to call Nikon and have them clarify their policy.

Honestly, do you think you're going to get an unambiguous answer from the Tier 1 person answering the phone?  Having attempted to call Nikon about getting a Canadian lens serviced in the US on a NON WARRANTY basis (no, probably not, we don't think so but maybe) I am going to be rather surprised if you posit the question in any way other than reading the policy back and putting a question mark at the end.

Specifically, if you asked them about the gift scenario.

Now, it's clear looking through various posts on various forums that Nikon has done warranty work under such conditions as long as they have some sort of original purchase document. But getting Nikon to be clear and unambiguous about this has been an issue for well over a decade.

It's just one of those really annoying things about the company.  For very little time and money, they could improve customer service dramatically:  Clear policy statements, cut the crap about impact damage, clean up their gray market policies (even if they don't do warranty work, but will fix imported stuff for their typical outlandish prices), better Tier 1 and Tier 2 support and getting out of the software business entirely.

Oh, and bring out that D400 while I'm having a rant about it all.

-- hide signature --

RG www.lostrange.com

rgolub's gear list:rgolub's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow