Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
TOF guy
TOF guy MOD
Forum ProPosts: 10,547Gear list
Like?
Re: Customer friendly terms
In reply to michaeladawson, Jan 21, 2013

Mike wrote:

Most of the time Nikon USA service honors the warranty. All they want to see is the original receipt. I don't have personal experience with this, but being a member of this forum for 10 years I have seen numbers of posts on this same topic and rarely, if ever, have I seen a post where service was denied to a second owner.

My suggestion then would be for the O/P to call Nikon and have them clarify their policy.

However, Nikon service seems to be changing (for the worse). Reports of people being denied service for impact damage seems to be the "new norm" and is something you never saw 5 years ago. So who knows, Nikon may start denying service to second owners as per the strict terms of the warranty.

We may not like it but Nikon is not obliged to do so and has never promised any servicing under warranty after transfer to a new owner. I wouldn't compare this to "incidental damage" where - according to those who've been through this - the evidence that the damage is "incidental" is non-existent.

-- hide signature --

Thierry - posted as regular forum member

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow