GH-3 Viewfinder "issue" - product of clueless

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dr_Jon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,608Gear list
Like?
Re: GH-3 Viewfinder Test
In reply to Francis Carver, Jan 21, 2013

Not actually a Doctor, it's a very old in-joke (well, five+ years anyway) that I stuck with so people who knew me would know it's me on other forums.

The point about movies is an excellent one, which is why things like the Zacuto Z-finders sell so well for DSLR video...

http://philipbloom.net/2009/06/23/the-hoodloupe-3-0-with-the-canon-5dmkii-and-the-zacuto-z-finder-v2/

Alas I'm afraid I only had a limited amount of time to play and so I concentrated on the big ticket items for me (viewfinder, weight, ergonomics) and the rear screen didn't feature very high on my list, so I really can't say much. Sorry about that. I only know one store with a display GH3 that I can play with, and I have probably used up most of my "reasonable" playing time twice over. I know several other stores with them - I'm in London, U.K. BTW - but they are boxed on shelves waiting to be sold.

For shooting video at a reasonable price-point there I think there are an increasing number of decent DSLR/CSC cameras available. The GH3 is right up there and the Black Magic Cinema Camera is also worth a look (if they ever shipped in volume, I know someone who ordered one but it kept getting delayed, he must have had it by now, surely - I should chase him... done).

Anyway, as I said, sorry I couldn't help any more - if I do get to play again I'll check it out and come back.

Dr_Jon's gear list:Dr_Jon's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow