help me buy a good slr camera

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Questions thread
GeraldMac
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Re: help me buy a good slr camera
In reply to jaison007, Jan 21, 2013

Hello Jason & Greetings from County Clare, Ireland.

Personally, I would recommend  a cheap-n-nasty camera to start with.  Secondly, read up on as many photographers as you can find information on.  As you progress with learning about the camera and the photographers you will also learn a lot about yourself and your photographic flare or direction.

My first cheap-n-nasty digital camera was from a Aldi (European Supermarket chain).  It is a Chinese made camera with a blinding 4mp (megapixel processor).  Having been using Neanderthal cameras which Noah had on the Arc.  This little digital cheapie camera thought me how to set up a menu system.

As you progress you will be met with a blinding array of cameras, lenses, accessories of all kinds and a mind boggeling amount of advice.  One very important piece of advice is to Do Not Buy On The Spur Of The Moment.

Think about in what direction you want to go with your hobby.  Tailor your camera gear towards your area of interest.  And from then on afterwards you will be just like the rest of us, just as confused as ever with the ongoing production of the "latest must have" which is another way of getting you to spend your hard earned cash.

This bloke is my photographic hero:   http://www.sutcliffe-gallery.co.uk/

Best of luck

-- hide signature --

Graflex - Not a Digit nor a Pixel in site

GeraldMac's gear list:GeraldMac's gear list
Nikon D3200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow