Question about Nikon warranty transfer between owners

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,921Gear list
Like?
Stop Wasting Time And Send It Back.
In reply to losangeles, Jan 21, 2013

losangeles wrote:

I have a general question about Nikon warranty transfer. I decided to sell a D600 including 24-85 mm lens that is still unopened in the original packaging. Can I transfer the Nikon warranty to the person purchasing it from me? I purchased it through Amazon during the special deal period before Xmas, and don't know if they automatically write the warranty in the name of the purchaser. Shouldn't it be transferrable if the box is still unopened?

Personally i wouldn't want to buy this camera without warranty, SPECIALY this camera.  Even if you say "it's unopened and works perfectly fine, nothing wrong with it".  How would you even know if there is anything wrong with it if you haven't opened it and test it?  Specially with the dust/oil issues?  It gives people something to think about.  If you do sell it you will be very lucky.

Just send it back and get your full refund before is too late.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow