Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
TOF guy
TOF guy MOD
Forum ProPosts: 10,580Gear list
Like?
Re: Customer friendly terms
In reply to CFynn, Jan 21, 2013

CFynn wrote:

I wonder why camera companies can't have something customer friendly like this for their higher end cameras ....

"Dell makes it easy to transfer the warranty and ownership of certain Dell products from one owner to another owner and from one country to another. The transfer process can take up to 10 business days (domestic transfer) and up to 15 business days (international transfer)."

Agree: this is one example where Nikon is not doing anything wrong, but their policies could be more customer friendly and in the end IMO brings them more business than what they would loose by occasionally servicing for free a camera which has been sold to a 3rd party and is still under warranty.

The other side of the coin is that some people mishandle their camera then sell them as is, possibly without telling the new owner what could be wrong with the camera. Nikon may not want to deal with sorting out damage done by a previous owner and fix to be done under warranty, in particular for a complex item such as a camera.

Having said that I have an 8 years / 125,000 miles (200,000 kms) mfg - warranty on my car and it's transferable to one owner !

-- hide signature --

Thierry - posted as regular forum member

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow