More joining Micro Four Thirds Group.

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,734Gear list
Like?
My reaction
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Jan 21, 2013

This really ups the ante in the competition for lenses. Personally I haven't sunk a lot of money into lenses yet at some point I know that's the next smartest upgrade for my gear. So the question becomes whether to stick with adapted lenses such as manual focus Nikon F and Leica M mounts that can be used on just about any camera body including the higher end SonyCaNikon? Or switch to purpose-built M43 lenses? Already many of the lenses available for M43 can compete optically with some of the pro lenses and are often quite a bit cheaper (because of marketing considerations and because there's less glass.) Right now I only have two M43 lenses - the kit lens and the 40-150 zoom. I prefer primes but have not spent any money on autofocus primes. Yet.

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow