Uploading pics to PSE....duplicates

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
lkk324
Regular MemberPosts: 364Gear list
Like?
Re: Uploading pics to PSE....duplicates
In reply to John Deerfield, Jan 21, 2013

Ok...now that you all think I am an idiot.....:-( I swear I am not completely stupid on computers. I have a whole catalog of photos on my other computer in kodak software that have made it out alive after years......

I just wasn't sure if the uploaded pictures were going "into" pse.  Now I have NO idea why when I upload that it has my picture and a shortcut to the same picture next to it. I guess its a backup possibly?????? Is it safe to say that I can delete the shortcut and leave the original?

My hard drive is not full. I have 76gb free at this time. I was just trying to minimize the chance of that happening with duplicates of pictures while I was figuring all of this out.

The only reason I downloaded the 5 was to play with it and try it out to see if I liked it. If I like it I plan on buying the updated version. Being new to all this I decided it might not be the best idea to buy the first thing I see since I know nothing about it all.  I am torturing myself enough with all of this new info. I think its hard for veteran photographers to remember how it is when you first opened up ps or any other software that is totally foreign to you. Its a bit frustrating and a lot to take in.

lkk324's gear list:lkk324's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow