Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,638Gear list
Like?
Panasonic GH3 Repairs thread
Jan 21, 2013

I just sent my GH3 in for repairs for the flash issue in the video below. My understanding is that my camera is the only one experiencing this issue so far. However, this issue is extremely critical for me as it won't take a proper picture when it thinks the flash is open.

http://youtu.be/hIMdxoGbNXU?t=9m55s

I also asked them to look at the EVF Halo. However, that is not as critical to me because I almost never use it.

Luckily I hadn't sold my GH2 yet. So I will use that for the next few weeks. It will be hard to go back to it though. I will definitely miss the wireless uploads since I sold my eye-fi card.

I will also miss the 1080p @ 60 FPS video. It was light years better than even a hacked GH2 for the indoor action sports I shoot. Here the last video I took with the GH3 before I boxed it up and shipped it to Texas for repairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdPbKt7tZUc

Not to mention the high ISO performance of the GH3 and the built in HDR mode for Astro Photography.

I almost forgot the ability to take stills while shooting 1080p @ 60 FPS video. That is huge for me.

It is a shame that I will be without the GH3 for so long. However, the GH2 works well so not all is lost. I also have the GoPro 3 Black that works great for slow motion video. I am excited to play with that more now.

Please post here if you have any experience with Panasonic's support center for repairs. I would like to know about how long repairs usually take and also if anyone else has sent their GH3 in for repairs.

I really need the GH3 back before the first weekend in March. My son's National climbing comp is that week and the GH3 is much better suited for that type of venue than the GH2 is.

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow