Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lkk324
Regular MemberPosts: 364Gear list
Like?
Uploading pics to PSE....duplicates
Jan 21, 2013

Ok gang. I downloaded the old free version of PSE 5 to play with. Seems like I can at least use its basic features at this point which is a good deal! I was getting WAY discouraged. Anyway, I uploaded pics from my camera into PSE. It also downloaded onto my hard drive and made a duplicate. I do not have the room to hold all the photos on my laptop...especially 3 of them! Is it safe to delete the ones off my hard drive once they are in PSE? Or can I at least delete the duplicate and put the others in dropbox or something??? I feel like I am not going to be able to do a thing once my computer is bogged down. I thought I read that the files aren't actually IN the organizer but linked in so if I deleted them off my hard drive would they be gone?

Do I have to put them in a catalog? Is the organizer just that....to decide what folder to put them in? Sorry....I have read so much that I am confused and don't want to make an error here deleting things.

Also...I know this version wont open my raw (which I haven't even messed with yet so its of no major issue right now) If I use DPP to open them, then can I move them into pse?

Sorry for the million questions!

Lisa

lkk324's gear list:lkk324's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow