Observation on EM-5 users

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
MichaelKJ
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,123Gear list
Like?
Re: Observation on EM-5 users
In reply to Trevor Carpenter, Jan 21, 2013

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

Something you see rarely other than on this forum are people saying that they are about to buy a new camera, the EM-5 and looking for advice on 3,4,5, or even 6 lenses that they should buy with it. Am I alone in thinking that the sensible thing to do when buying a new camera is buy a camera and a lens or lenses that satisfy your basic requirements and then see if you like it. When you have confirmed the love affair with the camera, at that point, it’s time to add to your collection.

-- hide signature --

I fail to see the point of raining on others parade. Several of the posts that you refer to have come from experienced DSLR users who are asking for advice about lenses that provide them with results that are comparable to what they get with their DSLR lenses.

My lens buying "frenzy" started after I purchased a GH2. I now have owned an E-M5 for 6 months without buying any new lenses, but I would have been one of those who you feel the need to disparage if the E-M5 had come along before the GH2.

MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow