Who Else would like to see a separate 1D/s/x forum?

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
talico
Contributing MemberPosts: 605Gear list
Like?
Re: This notion is a false argument...
In reply to schmegg, Jan 21, 2013

schmegg wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

...a dedicated 1 series forum will not produce enough traffic.

There is no statiscal data supporting this claim. In fact, there is data to suggest otherwise. Look at the forum traffic before the the introduction of the 5D. Pretty robust if memory serves.

Now that DPR has moderators, they can keep out the doofus' wishing to pick fights with the advanced users.

Happy to do that!

Point 'em out and, if they are breaking the rules in any way, then they will be dealt with. PM me if you wish - I'm always happy to help if I possibly can.

I suspect in this thread though, there would be a few that would think I qualify as one of the doofuses! Hehe!

Then we are doofues together.  My post here about the 5DmKIII being used for the president was probably viewed as aggressive.  I think the bottom line is that this "problem" of not having an exclusive forum is bogus.  Make things what you want.  If there isn't enough real information here, then provide your own.  Make the forum the way you want.  There will be 6D and 5D users, but label your posts accordingly so that they are easy to see, and then scan the forum once a day. you won't miss anything and it will take all of about 30 seconds to scan.

This is similar to complaining about your camera and not taking photos.  This forum is good enough to facilitate amazing discussion.  Your camera is good enough to take amazing photos.  Don't sit there and complain, do something about it.   If everyone went out and created an interesting\Educational post, and took some interesting and technically proficient photos to share with the group, I think this would be a better place even without separation into smaller groups.

Tom
My photos http://www.alicoatephotography.com

talico's gear list:talico's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
whyNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow