Viewing & controlling Lumix GH3 camera using Android smart phone or Android tablet

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
johndfrey
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Re: Viewing & controlling Lumix GH3 camera using Android smart phone or Android tablet
In reply to Francis Carver, Jan 21, 2013

Go to Google Play to find the update for the Lumix Link Android app for your Android device. I have both the 14-42mm and 45-175mm Vario X Power Zoom Lenses and just applied the 1.1 firmware update for them from Panasonic. You certainly can control (and zoom) these lenses from your Android device, but once you start a recording you have no control  and no live view (just a freeze of the last framing before hitting record). I just did a comparison for overall IQ of these lenses and I am happy with my purchase decision. I am a videographer and feel that these lenses will definitely be useful. They zoom and focus internally, are very light and seem rock-solid. I like the contrast that they give. If Panasonic is able to include HDMI out while using Lumix Link during recording in a future firmware update, recording to a external recorder would be an option.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow