Viewing & controlling Lumix GH3 camera using Android smart phone or Android tablet

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
johndfrey
johndfrey Forum Member • Posts: 64
Re: Viewing & controlling Lumix GH3 camera using Android smart phone or Android tablet

Go to Google Play to find the update for the Lumix Link Android app for your Android device. I have both the 14-42mm and 45-175mm Vario X Power Zoom Lenses and just applied the 1.1 firmware update for them from Panasonic. You certainly can control (and zoom) these lenses from your Android device, but once you start a recording you have no control  and no live view (just a freeze of the last framing before hitting record). I just did a comparison for overall IQ of these lenses and I am happy with my purchase decision. I am a videographer and feel that these lenses will definitely be useful. They zoom and focus internally, are very light and seem rock-solid. I like the contrast that they give. If Panasonic is able to include HDMI out while using Lumix Link during recording in a future firmware update, recording to a external recorder would be an option.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow