X-Pro1 - Control of Rear Screen and VF independent?

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,519Gear list
Like?
X-Pro1 - Control of Rear Screen and VF independent?
Jan 21, 2013

I know there have probably been hundreds of threads on this already. If so, no need to kick me (after all, I'm already pointing out I'm dumb)  . I did search the forums though and didn't find anything.

It seems to me that control of information displayed on the rear screen and viewfinder are completely independent of one another. I like to keep my rear screen in custom mode with the guidelines and level gauge displayed. Previously my EVF was identical to this.

I noticed today that (for some reason) my viewfinder had stopped displaying the level gauge and electronic guidelines that I have on my rear screen (previously both were identical). I wondered if my electronic level gauge was broken (but it worked on the rear screen).

Playing with the camera, I wondered if I had broken it or if I needed to send it to Fujifilm for service. I did a full reset of the camera which didn't seem to change anything. Amending the menu settings for the custom display of information didn't seem to affect either viewfinder. I then noticed that the setting on the VF didn't correspond to the rear screen at all (it was just the standard display without the extra information available in the custom display).

Pressing the "Disp/Back" button while in the viewfinder changed the settings to custom to display the electronic level and other information in the VF.

Now it seems to me that it would be sensible for the VF (or at least the EVF) to be identical to the rear screen by default (such that a change of display mode on the rear screen was reflected in the EVF, but nonetheless that isn't the way the camera seems to work so I thought a quick note here might avoid someone else having the concerns I had.

Apologies in advance if this is just me being dumb...

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow