D3200 as a backup to D600... or could it also be an option for 1.5x more reach outdoors??

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Deleted-pending
Senior MemberPosts: 2,665
Like?
Re: D3200 as a backup to D600... or could it also be an option for 1.5x more reach outdoors??
In reply to lukep, Jan 21, 2013

lukep wrote:

GregF wrote:

lukep wrote:

i came from a d200 to a d600 - and i shoot a lot of sports where reach is important. my take is that you will gain very little if you get a d3200. there are very very few actual times you will need 300 to be 450. just crop the d600 when you need to or even shoot in dx mode on it. maybe the exception is for birders

The difference is simple, you have 24 versus 10MP on the same image scene. It is like going back to the D200 to shoot with the DX crop on the D600 (better pixels in low light, of course).

I agree here as long as the quality is good. With the D600 you get GREAT crop quality of 10mp. What are you going to do with 24mp? Especially when the quality is not that much improved or worse if the iso goes up. D600 also has very good continuous focus if you know how to set it up. I was surprised!

Did it occur to someone that the author may need the full advantage of a 24MP DX picture ? For landscaping, or birding - cropping. Even if 10MP is good enough to print a decent A3 image, it doesn't leave loads of room for cropping.(I worked 4 years with a 10MP Nikon, you may go down to 6MP but not more)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow