Should Lumix users buy the Olympus 75mm lens?

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
jim stirling
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,203Gear list
Like?
Re: Should Lumix users buy the Olympus 75mm lens?
In reply to Pikme, Jan 21, 2013

Pikme wrote:

Probably, depending upon your primary intended use. IS helps the most at slow shutter speeds - it isn't as helpful for in between speeds and not needed for high speeds. And it is never helpful for moving subjects or panning (unless you can stay completely horizontal). So unless you want to use the lens mostly at slow shutter speeds, then go ahead and get it. Just a few years ago, we all used even longer and definitely slower lenses without any IS and no one worried about it then. E.g., 40-150mm and 50-200 lenses for 4/3 were used handheld all the time and that was when the sensors were much worse above ISO 400 than they are now above ISO 1600. I love having IBIS and dont have problems from it, but wouldnt forgo other cameras or lenses without it if i otherwise wanted them. Just remember, you might need some practice at first to get sharp shots.

BTW, I know this is well known problem, but good grief it is terrible to write a response on the iPad since the forum changes!! Every other word is wrongly 'corrected' now, every other word has to be typed, deleted, typed, deleted and then you read over the post and see that more phrases and entire sentences have morphed into unintelligible gibberish again. Why can't dpreview get this mess fixed!

-- hide signature --

Roberto M.

Since attempting to use my iPad here I have discovered a whole new vocabulary largely constructed of  bits of the previous word intermingled with bits of the next word and a dash of iPad  insanity. I personally blame apple as I have no such issues when I use an android tablet.

Jim

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D810 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow