DP2M vs 5DII comparison pic

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,643Gear list
Like?
Re: What color is the sky in your world?
In reply to Richard Franiec, Jan 21, 2013

Richard Franiec wrote:

No need to be sarcastic, Kendall,

I'm sure that you know that setting exposure and WB correctly or adjusting it in PP could eliminate this phenomenon. No matter what camera took the picture, Sigma or Nikon.

Ok, sorry for the heavy dose of sarcasm.  However I see NOT rendering the shadow color this way as a flaw.  That's how it looks in real life!  Why should it not look like how it looks?  Looking out my window right now every single surface open to the sky but in shadow takes on a blue hue, only objects that are shadowed from the sky itself are a neutral color.

BTW, you must have different vision from mine if you see the blue snow in the shadows. Maybe your sun works differently closer to heavens? I'm sure that you can see the yellow snow more often than I can see it here but that's another story.

I'm serious though, this is how I see snow in shadows all the time, if the sky is really blue.  There is a really strong blue cast but you have to expect that with open shadows under a really bright blue sky and I don't think it's something to be neutralized, but celebrated...

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow