Should Lumix users buy the Olympus 75mm lens?

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
Allan Brown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,647
Like?
Re: Should Lumix users buy the Olympus 75mm lens?
In reply to rladd, Jan 21, 2013

rladd wrote:

I have a Panasonic G5 which is fabulous. I also love my Olympus 45mm 1.8 lens. I'm tempted to buy the Olympus 75mm lens after reading its great reviews, but I'm on the fence. I'm thinking that at that focal length I would miss the IS. I also do have the Lumix 45mm - 150mm which is pretty good (but not quite awesome) and fairly slow (4.0-5.6).

Just curious if other Lumix users have bought the 75mm Olympus lens and how you like it.

Many thanks, Bob

Well, that depends on how steady you can hold the camera. I have the Pany 45-200 which I use a lot but I need the stabilization. So, for me, I am not looking at buying the 75 f1.8.

I'm sure that it is a great lens, perhaps the best m4/3, but if you can't hold it steady then what is the point - especially at that price?

Now, if you are going to use it on a tripod for lo light work, then give it a try.

Note: I also have a Nikkor 105 f2.5 which I use for low light. In daylight when it is stopped down, I see no advantage with it over my 45-200.

It also depends on the body. A lens this long, I would use on my G3 or G5 but not on my EPM1.

Allan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow