With all the new stuff out there.....regular 4/3 still does the trick

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,230Gear list
Like?
RE: E-30....
In reply to Susan G, Jan 21, 2013

Susan:

I wanted to bring the E-30 (after all, it's a bit lighter than the heavier E-3), but with the weather promising to be drizzly or even light rain, I didn't want to chance it since the E-30 isn't weatherproof.  But I really love the E-30 (and it has a 12-60 on it also).

I held off getting the OM-D (don't know why) - but opted instead to get the E-PL5 (which I've now come to really enjoy).  As I mentioned, I was not considering getting another regular 4/3 body if they ever released one again (which I'm kind of doubting that they will now - but I could be wrong), but I've come to the conclusion that if they do eventualy release an E-7 (provided it's 16 MP's - 'cause I'm tired of 10 and 12 MP cameras), then I'll make sure to somehow get that one.  The weight can be an issue - that's for sure - especially if you're holding the camera for 5 - 8 hours, but luckily I'm still lifting weights quite regularly, so that kind of helps in this regard.

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 +28 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow