D5100 + fisheye + Photomatix = real estate listing?

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
jquagga
Contributing MemberPosts: 594
Like?
Re: honestly
In reply to Seancho, Jan 21, 2013

Normally I don't critique photos as I really think they're up to the photographer.  However, I have to agree with the others that I don't think they work in this use case.  Photographically they're fine and indeed I like that shot of the rear porch but were I house shopping I wouldn't be looking for a fisheye shot.  It makes it hard to gauge the interiors and de-fishing really doesn't help (the house bends!).

Aside from that, in a minimally lived in house I find my eyes are drawn immediately to the little things in the photos which you might not want.  The bag of mulch on the front lawn.  The shoes by the door.  The orange can like object to the left of the chair on the porch.  The red meter (?) by the fireplace.  The card on the kitchen counter or the beautifully lit bottle of cleaning agent by the sink.  And the coffee cup on the coffee table.  There's also some  purple fringing but I don't think a non-photographer would notice that :).  But in an empty earth toned house, anything red or orange jumps out.

Good luck with the sale!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow