Started Jan 21, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JayneO
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Help with choice: Sony Nex 5R, Sony Nex F3 or Olympus OMD EM5
Jan 21, 2013

Hello, I am at last upgrading from a point and click camera!  The photo's and movies I will be taking are mainly family, kids, animals, gardens and plants, holidays, kids sport like basketball and gymnastics or dancing.  But having the 'gear' I would really love to explore photography more.  I had been wanting a DSLR for a very long time, but now seeing all the new compact options and feeling the weight of the DSLRs I have a narrowed down my choice to the following 3 cameras, but am in a blur of reading reviews.

A few things: I have missed not having an optical viewer but only the OMD has this, I would have to buy one for the Sony's and this just bumps the price up so much more.  I don't have any other lens so thought the twin lens kits were a good option, but maybe in the future I'd like to purchase other lenses.

What would be my best buy and the most suitable for my needs?

Sony Nex 5R with twin lens kit AUS $1,000 to $1,200

Sony Nex F3 with twin lens kit AUS $878

Olympus OMD EM5 with 12-50mm lens AUS $1,200 or with twin lens $1,400

Thanks for your consideration and hopefully suggestions!

Jayne

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow